Richmond Public Schools is participating in the Yale National Initiative to strengthen teaching in public schools®. We are currently building capacity for the creation of a Teachers Institute for Richmond.
This website includes information for administrators, teachers, and faculty and anyone interested in learning more about our local efforts and the Teachers Institute Approach.
Our 2023 Yale National Fellows are:
- Irina Alekseeva, Open High School
- Kirsten Craig, John B. Cary Elementary School
- John DeReu, Franklin Military Leadership Academy
- Aliyah Hoye, Westover Hill Elementary School
- Amanda McMahon, Huguenot High School
- Gwendolyn Nixon, Huguenot High School
- José Ulises Reveles Ramirez, Huguenot High School
- Valerie J. Schwarz, Mary Munford Elementary School